Saturday, February 11, 2012

As we all know, Christmas is about buying shit

This Christmas, I decided to make a Christmas gift rather than being.  Ostensibly, I did it to save money.  I thought I could make a picture frame that meant more than the ones in the store and that cost me much less.  Below is what I came up with.  It was much cheaper to make but it did take me about 10 hours to make it (so I guess it technically cost me about $140 figuring I would have made it for minimum wage).  It's made out of coffee and potato chip bags and is basically using the same technique I used to make purses in Costa Rica.  It was the first time I've made a picture frame so it's, admittedly, a prototype but I think it came out pretty well.  And more importantly, I think it means a lot more to be able to say, "I made this for you.", rather than, "I bought this for you." 


-Mick-

No comments:

Post a Comment